Monday, April 9, 2007

*yawns*

This is going to be a short post because I'm tired. I'm trying to make sure I write every weekday just to motivate myself and to remember why I'm doing this whole "weight loss thing". So....here it goes....

My Easter weekend was fun. Lots of kids (neices and nephews), candy, and junk food. I tried really hard to stay out of all of it, but I have to say, an opened bag of potatoe chips is my downfall. I ate more chips than I should have, but I did try to moderate myself somewhat. The bag of Easter candy that the bunny left for me has been kind of rough. I got starburts, hershey kisses truffels and coconut. Yum, yum, yum! I ate 4 or 5 of each candy, but I set the rest out on my kitchen table. Hopefully it disappears into someone elses tummy.

I went to the grocery store today, but I didn't bring a list of ingredients for the cottage cheese pancakes. They may have to wait until next week or until I figure out something else I forgot. I will 100% report what I think about them though. Instead, I think I'll try another recipe that I got over the weekend (or a modified version of it at least)

While at the store, I picked up a couple of items that have been suggested in my comments. I got some non-fat cottage cheese (if I'd just rememebered the flour!!!) and some 2% milk string cheese. I'm going to try to use these as snacks so I won't be SOOOO hungry later in the day and for when I just *have* to have a snack before I go to bed. I also bought some egg beaters (much to my sister's disgust) that I'm thinking I'll try out tomorrow for breakfast. I'll admit, I looked at the tofu and soy products and I just don't have the courage to buy any of them up. I have to admit, I'm a pretty picky eater, but that isn't what really stopped me. I just couldn't quite buy anything that expensive without figuring out what type was "the best". So, if you have any experience with those types of products, I'd love to hear about them. hehe. Maybe you can help me work up the courage to buy.

Today's food consumption:

Breakfast/lunch (I was running a little behind this morning): Easter Eggs! I had two small hardboiled eggs. I only ate the whites, even though the yolk is my favorite part! A big baked potatoe with spray butter on it. Diet coke.
Dinner: Skillet chicken with jalepeno salt and hot sauce. YUM!!! I had a piece of frozen corn on the cob and another baked potatoe (I bought a 10 pound bag of potatoes that will NEVER end!) and a diet coke
Bedtime snack: Non-fat cottage cheese with a little bit more hot sauce. =D

I only had 2 diet cokes today, but I didn't drink hardly any water. Tomorrow I will be better!

I think I'll try this recipe for dinner tomorrow night. It is another weight watcher recipe, but it sounds pretty good. I "dumbed down" and "short-handed" the recipe for myself, but if you want the actual version I can get it to you. Just let me know. I'll have to see if I can find a calorie/protein/fat breakdown for this recipe. Always kind of interesting to know.

8 poings
servings 4
prep time 18 minutes
cooking time 30 min

Ingredients:
12oz uncooked lean ground beef
1 med. onion chopped
12.5 oz canned stewed tomatoes (mexican style undrained)
1 1/4 can canned tomato sauce
2 tbsp canned green chili peppers, diced, drained
1 tsp ground cumin
1 cup dry whole-wheat elbow macaroni
15 oz canned kidney beans, drained and rinsed
1/2 cup kraft non-fat grated cheese topping

instructions:
cook beef and onion until browned. drain fat. stir in undrained stewed tomatoes, tomato sauce, chili peppers, chili powder and cumin. BOIL. stir in uncooked macaroni and kidney beans. BOIL. Reduce heat. cover, simer until pasta is done

1 and 1/4 cup per serving

2 comments:

Annieann77 said...

Your recipes look really good! I'll definately have to try a couple of them! ;)

I read in one of your previous posts that your boyfriend is on NS? So am I and lovin' it! It has helped me loose almost 70lbs! :)

Good luck with your weight loss!

Nuka said...

As far as soy products go my favorite is anything by Morning Star. Boca hands down for fake beef stuff. If you are looking for a milk substitute I'd go with oat or almond before soy - closer to cows milk and has a little more kick! Good luck!