Thursday, April 19, 2007

Money!! Not really =0p

Okay, so I signed up for something new today. Instead of doing PayPerPost (notice that their stuff has been removed from my blog) I signed up for Google AdSense which is (or at least should be) located on the side of my page. For this one, I guess the basic idea is if someone clicks the ad on the side of my page (Once my blog has been approved, which it hasn't yet) then somewhere, someone puts a little tally by my name and I get a couple of pennies. hehe. I actually have no idea how much money it is per click, but that sign up rules DID specfically say I was not to click the ad myself (I guess they can see my IP address and if I'm the one clicking --slighty creepy, but fair enough) and I was not to encourage my friends or family to click the ad (or, in other words, pay ya'll off to get me some money! --once again, fair enough) The only stinky part of it that I've seen so far is the fact that you don't get paid until you've earned $100 in your account, so, my guess is I won't have earned that much by the time I'm ready to go to Vegas. *sigh* Oh well, I'll just throw it into next year's vacation fund =0) I'll let you all know how this works out for me.

So for today, I was kind of good! I went for a walk =0) There are a bunch of trails not too far from my house, so I convinced my little sister she should go with me (to keep all the bad guys away --hehe--I'm sure two females walking alone in the woods is much more frightening than one!) I grabbed my pedometer and loaded my sis up in the car and off we went. Well, I would have sworn I knew where I was going, but I couldn't find the trails I wanted, so we stopped off by the lake and went for a walk. I think I'll take my camera next time and I'll see if I can figure out how everyone is putting pictures on their blogs. =0) Oh, yeah, I forgot my pedometer in the car but we walked 30 minutes one way and about 30 minutes back. I don't know if I should count this as "cardio" on my meter, but I was definitely had my heart rate up for at least the first part of the walk. We started off with a very big hill.

Speaking of walks, I just agreed to do a 5k with my boyfriend this weekend. Yikes! I'm a little bit nervous because he works out almost every day and has for several years now, but he says he won't be too mad if I can't make it. I think/know I can do it, but I worry I won't be able to do it as fast as he wants me to =0/ I hate that feeling of disappointment, but I'm really going to try hard!

Today's food choices were....*drum roll please*
Breakfast: nada! I slept in until almost 11am. It was heavenly!! I know ya'll are jealous ~.0
Lunch: Alfredo. Yes, this was a decadent, calorie and fat laden meal, but it was tastey! I was really craving it, so that was lunch.
Dinner: Chicken with red sauce and salsa (umm...I'll explain after this)
Snack: 100 calorie pack of the grasshopper cookies --YUM!
1 liter of water
1 diet coke

Mexican Chicken

2 or 3 chicken pieces
A can of tomato sauce
Garlic Salt
Mexican Seasoning
Salsa
Onion
Tortillas
Cheese (if you want it)

This is a creation A-la-boyfriend, so I don't have measurements, it is all to taste, but this should give you a basic idea =0)

I spray a large frying pan with non-stick spray and throw in half an onion, that I've chopped into strips. While that starts to brown just a tiny bit, I open up my can of tomato sauce, grab the salsa, and find the lid to the frying pan (or a splatter guard because this stuff likes to jump out of the pan) With the onions cooked just a little bit (enough to release a little bit of flavor into the pan) I throw in the chicken (it is best if it is thawed), cover it with the tomato sauce, put in some salsa (probably about half a cup), and season it with the garlic salt and mexican spices. Slap on the lid and let it simmer while the chicken cooks. You'll want to check back on it every once in awhile to make sure it isn't sticking to the bottom of the pan. When it looks like the chicken is done, take two forks and shred the chicken by pulling it apart (if you treasure your teflon, you might want to do this on a seperate plate). Take the lid off and let the shredding chicken soak up the yummy liquids. You might have to let it cook for awhile to have the liquids cook off some(I always have too much liquids in mine...I'm never patient when cooking), but when it is less soupy, throw it on a tortilla and you've got a yummy dinner. My sis eats hers with chips (which I calculated to be about 28g of fat!!) and she throws a little bit of cheese on top as well (she used my non-fat cheese) Like I said, it is a season as you choose, so you can eat as you choose too. If this doesn't make any sense just let me know, I'll try to clarify. I'm not 100% sure on the calories or fat content, but since it is a chicken breast, tomatoe sauce, and salsa I'm thinking the worst thing for you is probably the tortilla...oh...and the salt content.

5 comments:

JFarrlley said...

Hey Vegasgirl...

First, thanks for stopping by my blog..gets lonely there sometimes...

I assume by student, you mean college student...I remember the days of making sure my first class wasn't until 11am at the earliest and then partying late/ sleeping in...Enjoy while you can...the 8-5 life is right around the corner...

No breakfast and then carboloaded lunch? You know you're better than that...Everywhere I've read how important it is to get a good breakfast in you to get that metabolism burning early and often...make sure to eat the oatmeal or Kashi cereal first thing and you won't crave the alfredo (sounds sooooo tasty though..)

Lastly, been to Vegas 3x in the past few years, so I could provide tips on where to stay, eat, party...I am 32 though, so not sure if you want an old fart like me giving you tips...

AshleyHami said...

Hey! Thank's for stopping by ;)

I have adsense too! I am already at nearly $8.00! - but it takes forever it seems...I did let my friends know about it and they have added it to their blogs as well - which as a result I think they have done some clicking - not a crazy amount, but enogh to help me get to $8 in a short time! Let us know when you are "approved" ;)

That mexican recipe is one that my fiance would love - I must try it!

thatgirldina said...

Good Lord girl that chicken recipe sounds divine! It's only, not quite 9am here and I'm starving! I'm think I'm going to give it a whirl this weekend. YUM!

The AdSense thing sounds interesting. I'm going to click on them to throw in my 2 cents. It all adds up apparently right? :) Free money is the best kind of money I always say!
xoxo,
-deenie

VegasGirl said...

HamiHarri-

I can't get back to your blog! Where did you go!!! Okay, I click your name (my lazy way of getting back to people that write to me) and it say your profile is private! Rut roh! If you see this, send me a link to your blog. I tend to wander a lot in my blog searches, so I may never find my way back without a little help!

Good to know that AdSense does actually let you earn money =) I think I'm approved as of today, but with ads like "Are you Gay" and "Oprah's Weight Loss" I think it will be a long time before anyone is doing a lot of clicking. hehe

Oh, and I hope the recipe makes sense. It is super easy to make and it really is pretty easy. Just make sure the chicken and the tomatoe sauce don't stick to the bottom of the pan (when I'm impatient it happens to me)

Mick & Cathy said...

Vegas,
Thanks for dropping by my blog.

The food sounds great I'll have to try it.