Friday, June 1, 2007

Hello....

Hiya fellow bloggers! For those of you that stop by here often, sorry I haven't been writing much. I've had a major case of "the lazys" here lately. It all stems from that evil car out in my garage demanding an oil change! Okay, that and the weather hasn't helped much lately. It has been almost non-stop rain here all week long. Bleh! It is kind of funny actually because even though the sun has been shining, the rain is still coming down. LoL.


So, I chose not to weigh myself this week. I don't think it has been a particularly bad week, nor has it been a good week for me. The rain has kept me inside, so I haven't been doing much excercise, but I have been trying to eat fairly well. I find myself wondering about foods that are prepackaged. Wondering how many calories/fat/protein/fiber they come out to be. My mom sent me with a ziplock bag of roast this week. Which was awesome, because it gave me quick and easy meals...but I have no real idea what I was consuming. that bothered me a little bit. I tried looking it up online a few different places, but even though they had approx. calorie intake, I still wasn't really satisfied with their stats.


Speaking of stats, since I live alone for the summer, I put this up on my fridge. Everytime I go into the kitchen I am reminded how much I've eaten that day. It is helping me keep my calorie count up where it belongs. I've found myself doing a lot more little snacks in between meals. Mostly, I have kept it healthy. Bananas, quaker snacks, jello cups, and other yummy treats like that. Along with the snack, I'm really trying to drink at least a 1/2 liter of water. That way the snack is more filling and I get my water requirement in for the day. Unfortunately, drinking so much water really has me doing the potty dance.


I'm off for the weekend. Have a wonderful time everyone! =D I'll be sure to get back to blogging and leaving messages for everyone on Wednesday. Yes, I said Wednesday because Tuesday I'm Gone Fishing! As long as this rain stuff doesn't ruin the fun!

5 comments:

Chris H said...

Fishing!!! Ooooo I so envy you. I love fishing...hope you have so much fun.

Christine said...

Great idea - I think that I may pick myself up one of those white boards. And hang it inside my cupboard door. Thanks for sharing that. At the end of my day I always sit and try and add up what I ate on my hands to try and decide if I should have a snack, lol. Great great great plan. :)

Moby Dick said...

Have fun fishing!

Carolyn said...

Great idea about the fridge reminder!! It will help to keep you accountable and make you think twice about going into the fridge to eat out of boredom...I should do that too...thanks for the idea!!

With Love, Fat Girl said...

A case of the lazies... Oh boy do I ever know what you mean...