Monday, July 21, 2008

1 week in...

Yay! I went an entire week of excersise! I am kind of proud of myself. Especially since at least once the fiance tried to talk me out of it. Right now, we are taking Sundays off to give our body a little rest. Which works out well because that is the day I go to visit my family and attend church.

So, my fiance keeps asking me "is it getting easier" when it comes to lifting weights. After a week, I think I have to say "no" My arms are exceptionally weak it seems. I know it is a growing process, but I worry a bit that I'm not growing at a rate that is exceptable to my fiance. I keep telling him that I am trying, but in my heart of hearts I don't think he believes me. He keeps saying that I have to learn to like going --well, after never in my life wanting to excersise, I have a hard time believing that I'll one day wake up and be eager to go off and do it. It is a means to an end for me. I want to look better, feel better, have more energy, and not look like a mass of dripping flesh when I go to interview for jobs. It is something that *has* to be done --not something that I have to enjoy. I'm not saying that to just be stubborn, I'm just not a very physical person --if I was a physical person, I'd probably never have gotten into this shape in the first place.

If anyone has recipes posted on their blog, or knows a good site for recipes, please let me know =) If I'm getting my "work-out" portion of life into order, I'd like to start working on my diet portion as well.

1 comment:

AshleyHami said...

I love www.epicurious.com although I have to admitt, I haven't tried any low fat/cal recipies...but they usually turn out well...and there are TONS of reviews you can read about each one.