Friday, December 12, 2008

Thank you

I just wanted to shoot off a "thank you" for answering my questions to Dietcoke. I really do appreciate it.

Weight Watchers has taught me two things. One, I'm very food possessive. Probably comes from living in a house with 5 other siblings. When dinner was ready, you didn't want to be at the end of the passing-around-bowls chain or you got less than everyone else. Never was good to have a mean sibling ahead of you, one that knew a dish was your favorite so they'd take more and leave you with less. The second thing it has taught me was that I need to stay aware of what is going into my mouth. I'm pretty bad about going for the "easy" food. I eat TV dinners and such all the time. Problem with that is they aren't all that filling and the "cheapest" one I eat, or the one I thought would be the best for me, is 13 points. Only getting 25 points a day (probably should be 24 now!) and blowing 13 on a lunch that isn't satisfying is just plain crazy.

The weather here has been kind of nasty. Very cold and snowing. I think yesterday it warmed up to a balmy 13F. *shivers* So I haven't been making the journey to the gym very well. I have been trying very hard to follow the WW scale and so has the fiance. It is definitely working for now! I'm down to 176 pounds as of this morning and my personal scale. I'd like to swing by the gym just to see if it is about the same as my scale, because last time I weighed in there, about two weeks ago, it said I was 183.

When I do head back to the gym, I'll bring back my measurements. They were all down pretty much last time except for my chest. Don't know how, but he seemed to think I'd gained back the 1/2 inch I'd lost. Only funny because I wear the exact same clothes on weigh in days just to make sure clothings isn't giving me a little extra boost. Oh well, of all the place to maintain and/or gain weight those are probably the best.

*hugs*

2 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Good luck with the gym... Hope you are having a lovely Christmas!

Chris H said...

Hey how ya doing chick? It's a new year... how's it going for you?